1. Camp Funshine prohibits individuals from attending the camp who have ever cultured positive with
Burkholderia Cepacia. Also, we must exclude those who have had Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus (MRSA) within the past year, or
those whose submitted sputum culture shows multi - resistant bacteria.
2. A sputum
culture must be given at a cf foundation accredited lab, between the dates May 26 and June 16. This culture must show that the
individual's sputum is not multi resistant.
3. All in attendance at Camp
Funshine will be instructed on infection control procedures on the first day of camp.
4. All people with cystic fibrosis will be required to wear water shoes in the shower.
5. Each toilet in every cabin will contain a Clorox bleach tablet.
6. All snacks provided at Camp Funshine will be individually wrapped.
7. All people with cystic fibrosis will be given their own boxes of tissues and be required to place
their used tissues in their own trash bag. ……. Sealed and deposited into the trash.
8. All people with cystic fibrosis will be given and use their individual nebulizers and vest.
9. All in attendance at Camp Funshine will be required to wash their hands
with antibacterial gel upon entering the dining hall.
10. Chest p.t. mats
will be cleaned with disinfectant and covered with new paper after each use.
11. All rooms/cabins will have antibacterial soap, paper towels, and Lysol Antibacterial spray.
* We understand the importance of infection control, and
take this issue very seriously. We feel extremely confident that we are taking reasonable but effective precautions to put
everyone in a safe environment. Please make the final decision for yourself.